Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010: Come Fly with Me


Much as I would LOVE to travel abroad again, the idea of flying outside the U.S. this year is inconceivable, for three important reasons:
  1. the dollar is so heavily under valued that paying for services abroad would break one's personal bank
  2. the newly-revised airport screening protocols would discourage a even a SLOTH from entertaining the idea of standing for hours in airport security lines
  3. the cost of a plane ticket to Europe is unreasonably more expensive than ever. When the cost of gasoline went up in 2007, so did air fares. The cost of gasoline has fallen and normalized, but air fares did not fall. In fact, the fares increased as well as
I'm begging my readers to take issue with my hypothesis that flying to Europe or Asia is out of the question in 2010. Leave a comment & show me how I can do it, please!

Meanwhile, I stare longingly out my office window at the snow falling, aware that my plans to travel on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day must be shelved. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment